As I was traveling by tram today, I was wondering how several lives connect and then part off at their respective stoppages. As I got down, a sight of crowd of people, some waiting for the tram, some making way for their heavy luggage, some waiting for the tram with a perplexed look, made me think that the background story of each one of them would be different – each life wo
uld be hectic, racing against time, running to save each moment. That reminded me of people complaining that they do not get time to spare for workout in our busy schedule.
Obviously, some people’s schedule is challenging. But that should not be an excuse not to workout. In fact, that’s all the more reason one should work exercise to keep stress and ailments away, as lifestyle-related, or occupational hazards take a toll on our health more than anything else these days.
Here are some tips how to manage a healthy workout routine:
- You are freaked out when you miss an important appointment but missing a workout is okay? Schedule workouts like important appointments that you can’t miss. Every start of the week include workout in your planner.
- Evening workouts do not work? Start your day with workout, late meeting, evening events etc. Can become a hindrance in evening workouts. First few days will be hard for a morning workout but that will soon become a part of your routine.
- You eat healthy still putting on? Start using measuring cups, several times you eat mostly nutritious foods, but you serve yourself too much. Use measuring cups to identify a healthy serving.
- Do you grab pizzas and pastas as a substitute of quick lunch? Plan a week ahead what you’ll have for lunch and dinner. Planning ahead of time which helps you stick to a healthy options instead of buying you a greasy pizza which comes out of spontaneous decisions.
- Do you skip breakfasts in a hurry to reach your workplace? Do not skip breakfast, if you skip your breakfast you will tend to over eat at lunchtime. So, eat healthy at proper intervals.
- Low on time for gym? You could join a gym according to your convenience, like join gym near your workplace. So to reduce the transportation time. Moreover, seeing exercisers motivates you as well.
- Had an inactive day, sitting on desk all day long? Power walk wherever you go. When back from work or out for lunch, you should prefer to walk. Plus having a company adds to the benefit. Have a friend who’ll like to walk with you.
- You think weekends are for rest? Make up for the missed workout on weekends, do not prefer sleeping rather go for bumper workout, i.e. a bit extra than other day (you want to fit in old cloths. Don’t you?).
So follow these simple steps, plan your routine and rediscover yourself because you are the one who needs you more than anyone else.